• MJR distributor

Strike One!

My first batch of bee’s soap was a strike out. Although the soap is going to be just fine to use, it’s not as pretty as it should be. Adding honey into the mix (even after accounting for it) was a game changer. When I add additional ingredients, these have always been dry ingredients, not wet. I’ll tone the honey down and see what happens.

I had read that when using bee’s wax that the soap will reach not only trace but saponification quicker. If you read my post from yesterday, you know how many differences of opinions I had read. I’m not sure that this statement is true. In my case it would have been better for me to wait the full 24 plus hours before removing the soap from the mold. There are so many variables as to why my soap may not have turned out. One blog said not to cover the soap during saponification while another said cover it. I covered mine more out of habit than anything else.

I’ve had good luck with my soap making. This will be my first batch that didn’t turn out as I wanted it to. Strictly talking about what oils and essential oils or fragrances I use. I’ve gotten a bit creative as far as what mold I’ve poured my lovely soap into and…..well, lets just say these funky shaped pieces of soaps make good samples to give away. I’ve now invested in some cool molds. I can make a huge 7.5lb batch or smaller batches to fill my smaller molds.

Anyway, I will be attempting bee’s wax soap again in the very near future! I’m sure next time it’s going to be perfect!

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Bee's Wax Soap....

I made my very first batch of beeswax soap today. Prior to attempting this, I did a lot of research, read blog after blog. It was so confusing as everyone has their own “special” way to do things. The

Turkish Mocha Coffee

We just finished whipping up a batch of Turkish mocha coffee soap. It smells so delicious that I almost licked the beaters! Soap will be available on June 16th!

Cold Process soap vs Melt and pour

At Natures Botanicals all our soaps are made using either the cold process or hot process method. Our soap creations are packed full of natural ingredients. We never use chemicals or preservatives so

© 2019 Natures Botanicals. Proudly created with

natures botanicals


  • Facebook Social Icon
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Tumblr Social Icon
  • Instagram